Links to external websites
Welcome to our useful links page. This page will be regularly updated with new information so please keep checking back for more information. If you have a link that you feel would be useful on our website, please feel free to contact us. We would appreciate your feedback.
Visit a website
For more information, please click on the headings below:
- Speaking Up Southwark – An advocacy group for people with a learning disability. An advocacy group speaks up for people so that their rights and wishes are respected. Apart from the group helper (or facilitator) all members of Speaking Up Southwark have a learning disability.
- Downs Syndrome Association – Providing information and support on ALL aspects of living with Down’s syndrome to ALL who need it.
- Mencap – Charity for ‘supporting people with a learning disability and their families and carers.’
- National Autistic Society –The leading UK charity for people with autism
- Scope –Support and advice for disabled people and their families.
- NDCS The Buzz – The Website for deaf children and young people.
- Do2learn – This website contains a large amount of educational resources, games and information for you and your child.
- NSPCC’s Share Aware – A site for parents on issues around social media sites and online platforms popular with their children. It includes information about Net Aware that provides guidance to parents on social networking sites, apps and games which children use and how to keep their children safe in today’s digital world.
- Parent’s View – An Ofsted site giving parents the chance to say what they think about their child’s school.
- Southwark Parent Partnership Service – The Parent Partnership Service has been established to ensure that parents and carers of children from 3 to 19 years with special educational needs (SEN) have access to information, advice and guidance to allow them to make informed decisions about their child’s education.
- Protecting Children in Education Settings 2018 – This leaflet describes how we protect children in Southwark from harm and neglect.
Important telephone numbers
Please see below:
- Southwark Council Pupil Benefits – 020 7939 3570
- Southwark Transport Complaints – 020 7525 1510
Parent Info News Feed